Saturday 20 August 2011

Autumn in August

I'm certainly not an authority on weather patterns in the North, but it is my humble assessment that the seasons change quickly. 

Last week, we had summer weather.  This week, autumn has appeared.

Even a few leaves on the trees are changing.  Others are thinking about it. 

I hope they reconsider.

Nonetheless, when there is no rain and cloud cover, you can still enjoy a long evening. The sun is still setting later than I am used to for the time of year.

Last night, my friend Danielle called around 9:00 pm, and we went out for a walk at 9:30, which was sunset time. 

I wore my tuque.  

What?? 

I'm cold. 

It went down to 5 degrees last night...  I may not survive winter. 

Our walk lasted for the more-than-an-hour of twilight, because the sunset is so long.

This is what we found on our walk, on the Frame Lake trail.
Danielle says "THIS" is why I moved here.  I looked at her, and adjusted my tuque.
(I'm pretty sure it's because of Eli, but it's a nice perk!)
She said it's an amazing view with the Aurora Borealis.

I think it's amazing.  Period.

 I'll bring my big camera for Miss Borealis.  (This was taken with my phone.) 

And I'll bring my girls. 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh... our little Shannon... we miss you ....!!!
But knowing you .. we know you will flourish with your expedition in the great north.... we miss you sooo much .. But we will see you and your little family soon... xoxo ..... Mom and Dad...!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...