Monday 10 October 2011

A White Thanksgiving and a Duck

My dream to see a White Thanksgiving has been satisfied.

Today is Thanksgiving Monday.

I did sleep in.

Which means Eli is fishing.

When I woke up, Eli said, "Happy Thanksgiving.  Look at all the snow!"

I thought:  be thankful. 

And I am. 

The girls were pumped. 

And, I'm always thankful for that!

When the girls noticed the accumulated snow, they wanted to put on their snowsuits (over their PJs-- it is a holiday, you know) and to head outdoors.

The girls' toy of choice when heading outdoors in the snow is Ducky.
Ducky does not get soggy or damp like Patchy-Patch or Kid Doggie.
Ducky chose Miss G when Miss G was only a year old.
Seriously.
It was fate.
I had gone to the Bedford Place Mall to look for Robeez and other baby-related paraphernalia from the Royal Diaperer.
Ducky saw Miss G from the shelf he was sitting on.
Miss G saw Ducky from where we were standing.
Miss G ran to Ducky and called his name:  "Ducky!"
It was love at first sight.
The shop girls all said, "AW!"
I said, "AW!"
I would have never even considered leaving Ducky there.
He belongs with our family.
Ducky wore his rain slicker hat outside. 
Usually he wears his tuque, but the girls were anxious to go out, so they grabbed the first Ducky hat they saw. 
He has a scarf for really cold days.
This snowfall let some of the snow collect on the ground.
The girls made foot prints.
Ducky made ducky prints.
There was enough snow for my angels to make snow angels.


They had a great time playing in the snow.
The girls came in after about a half-hour of snow play.
Here, Miss A is saying, "Zip off!"
Miss G tells me that it was freezing outside.

Oh, girls.

It's Yellowknife.

We've only just begun.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crazy and awesome all at the same time...just wait until February! Ahh! -Monique

Tricia Forde said...

The first thing I saw when I looked out the window this morning (besides white fluffy stuff) was a little red snowsuit wandering across the snow covered grass. Made my day.

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are enjoying it! I don't want it yet!!!

Love the angels in the snow :)

XO Kel

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...