Monday 2 January 2012

I Shall Call Her Aurora

Well, it's no big secret that I miss home. 

Home with seasons and winter.

But, man alive! Yellowknife has thrown me a frikin' bone tonight!!

After WEEKS of cloud cover, we got a clear, dark starry night.
And the auroras were out.
I stayed close to home because the girls were going to bed, and it's our first day of school tomorrow, but on a night with a solar storm, Eli and I will head to the big lake with the wide angle lens to take some pictures with no light pollution.
Alright, Yellowknife, I might have a little thing for you.  Between the midnight summer sun and the aurora borealis, I'll give you some major credit.  I guess I'll stay a while.
But, I warn you, Yellowknife, you take away the sun and the auroras, and I'm out of here!
I guess I should thank Eli for bringing me here.

Thanks, Eli.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1. love the sleeping beauty reference.
2. Need a great shot of the borealis for you to send me...I have not forgotten your promise!!!
-Monique

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...