Saturday 28 April 2012

We're Just Ducky

We are melting, melting, melting!!
I snapped this picture of the girls playing in the puddle at the bottom of our driveway.

It makes me happy for a number of reasons. 
Reason #1:  Miss G is feeling much better in the picture than she was two nights before.

On Monday night, just as Eli and I were thinking about going to bed, Eli helped Miss G down from the top bunk for a preemptive trip to the bathroom. 

There was a suspicious, deep couch.

I ran to the bathroom, "Did she just get sick?"

Eli was looking at his shirt (suspecting a repeat of spec-gross-ular), inspecting it, "I don't thin..." and then it happened.

Poor Pookie Loo was so sick, we gave her a quick bath, and then I braided her hair to keep it out of her face. 

She snuggled with Daddy (above) in the big chair, watching The Princess and the Frog, until the Gravol made her sleepy, but she continued to be sick for the next 24 hours.  Eli stayed with her on Tuesday. 
I stayed with her on Wednesday, which is when this picture was taken.

She didn't have a massive appetite, but she was able to walk to school to pick up her Sissy from preschool with me, and play outside for a little while that afternoon. 
Reason #2:  Duckies and rain boots. 

We love duckies, as is evidenced with our numerous duckies, and
the Big Ducky. 

That picture is snatched from my Thanksgiving blog post, on October 10th of last year, so we've officially had snow for more than half the year. 
Reason #3:  It's Spring. 

This cartoon is on the girls' calendar, hanging on their door, which I write on every night as an ongoing journal.

It makes me think of Halifax, and the rain, rain, rain.

And, the fog, fog, fog...

The fog that would roll out around noon, and back in by 4 pm.

I officially miss it.  Well.  Only a little.

It rained yesterday, for the first time in over half a year, and the girls were so excited!

"Rain, Mommy!  Rain!!  It's rain!  Get us umbrellas!!" 
Reason #4.  The sun. 

Yeah, I might miss the warmer, less snowy Spring of the East coast, but I must say that the long lasting Northern sun with no fog and very little rain is making up for it.

Yay for long shadows!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...